The Burro Hash
Home Hare line Contacts HHH History Links Run Reports Email us Other news Jokes
Your Hash needs you - What can you do on next years committee?
Next Weeks Run & future events Xmas Party 2013
RUN NO.: 1356 ON SUNDAY 27 APRIL, 2014
HARES: StiffFanny & SpermAid& Saint George
TIME: 16:00 (4 pm)
Red and White must be worn or sit on the ice!
Take the Mijas Golf Road (the Coin Road). Go straight up, past Mijas Golf and St. Anthony’s College. Soon after the College, there is a newish roundabout. Go left here following directions for Entrerrios. On bridge over river and then turn left again under the bridge towards Entrerrios. Follow this winding road for 2.2 km and then turn left at sign for C20 Hacienda Golf. A short while later turn right into a cul-de-sac and park your car.
At the Bar A.Vecinos Entrerrios, just around the corner from the run site.
Great meal: Olives, ham, cheese, salad. Then a fish course of boquerones, calamares etc. Then a BBQ, ½ bottle of wine, postre/coffee. All this for only 14 Euro
Other Hash events-
May 2nd - 4th - Indalo Hash weekend
September 26th - 28th
Surviving 25 years needs to be celebrated.
We think the best way is a Hash weekend!
●From 26 till 28th of September 2014
●Friday night registration, goody bag & Pub
●Saturday run, dinner & SILVER party
●Sunday run & lunch
●All this for only 65 Euros if you sign up by 1st
May 2014, after that date goes up to 85 Euros
●To book contact Sweet & Low at
firstname.lastname@example.org +34 952 934 135
Committee Meeting 8/2/14
Present: Streaky, Sweet and Low, Uncle Fester, Sticky Tart, Yogi Bear and Just In. Stiff Fanny
couldn't make it as she had to grease Flakey's pistons, but will be joining the task force for the
1. Anniversary/Silver Jubilee
– We discussed the decided dates, 26 to 28 September, to see if they were really the most
suitable or not. On the one hand, it was thought they were a bit late in the month, on the
other hand, the Feria is the following week, so would there be any point in moving it
forwards or backwards?
Having it during the Feria was considered more of a hassle than a benefit, with higher hotel
occupation, more people and trafffic, etc. Moving it earlier, might be a good idea for the
weather and the fact that many people, especially teachers, might still be in “holiday mode”,
but after long deliberations it was decided to stick to the original date.
– Prices: to encourage registration, especially of our home hashers, it was decided to have an
Early Bird fee of € 65 for registration before 30 May, then € 85 onwards. This will be
strictly adhered to – the discount is only for people paid up entirely before said date.
– Flyer and mailing. The flyer prepared by Sweet'n'Low was approved and she will be sending
out this information asap! It will go to Madrid, Algarve, Rota, Bilbao, Javea, Barcelona, etc.
and be posted on our Facebook page as well as sent to our own ex-Hashers. Anyone having
emails of ex-Hashers, please let us know!
– Tasks. A list of tasks has been drawn up. At the next meeting the tasks will be assigned,
although some people are already making a start with some of them:
• Saturday and Sunday Run: it would be a good idea to have the Sunday run within walking
distance or with easy public transport options. The beach is a must for our visitors as well –
Just In volunteers to come up with a plan for this. The 1300 Saturday run was a hard act to
follow, so we need people to come up with something worthwhile.
• T-shirts: a design is needed. Yogi and Just In will both check out some options on this, but
other suggestions will be welcomed. Deadline for the design is end of June.
• Drays. It seems like a good idea to have separate drays for beer and softies on the two run
• Hotel. Streaky and Sweet'n'Low will check out two hotel options and include their findings
in the flyer to be sent out next week.
• Badges and Goody Bags.
• Snacks for the Saturday run to keep people sweet before dinner (21.00-ish)
• Friday night activity. It was suggested that a “puzzle tour” type activity would be nice,
making sure Hashers from different kennels mix from the start. Colonic and Dipper both
have experience with this kind of thing and Just In has done it a few times in Madrid as well.
• Registration and Webpage. Whoever is Hash Cash at the time would be taking money, but
he/she will need support to set up a previous webpage where people can register, etc.
• Magazine. It might be nice to have a magazine with old pictures, articles, etc.
• Restaurants. Saturday should be a slap-up meal with plenty of space (we are thinking of
100-odd people) for diners and acts, music, etc. Sunday can be a bit more frugal, but has to
be decent as well.
• Sponsorship. It will be very difficult to find sponsors, but one idea would be to ask
individual Hashers to contribute (e.g. Buying one or several crates of beer, according to their
spending power, so Uncle Fester 3 cans of Lidl beer, Dipper the entire Cruzcampo Factory,
etc.) in exchange for their names on the T-shirt.
• Badges and Goodie Bags
As mentioned, these tasks will be assigned at the next meeting, so anyone with ideas on the tasks
mentioned or interested in participating please come forward....!
The Hash Commandments